Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life Without A Car

As I have sold my car in July 10, getting to work and traveling between the 4 sites, with a heavy laptop haversack, is dreading, time wasting and tiring. Mike fetched me to work in the morning whenever he can. After dropping Zozo to school at 7 am, he'll drop me at Jurong site around 7.45 am after beating the morning traffic congestion and he can reach his office in Tuas at 8 am... (I am so far the earliest person to reach my site office...) If he does not fetch me, I will have to leave home at 7.15 am to catch the public transport and reach site before 8.30 am...


Whenever I need to go to another site myself, I will think of my "Handsome" Chevrolet Optra (sad sad..) How I wished to own a car again so that I can just hop in and drive to any location I want... Frankly speaking, owning and driving a car makes me feel more "upper class", "suave" and independent. I felt that others might respect me more and "look me up more"???


Well, I don't think I can and want to buy a car now as the COE price is so high. Furthermore, one of my sites will be at Chinatown CBD area where high parking charges and ERP gantry will incur more cost when I station there full time. I dissuade myself to own a car with more reasons, such as the car will depreciate over years, more cost incur such as insurance and road tax, season parking, etc, etc...

There will be some inconveniences but I told myself that I can make do without one. I will get used to public transport and make use of these extra money that may be spent for the car, for some other meaningful ways for a much better lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment