Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Best Bak Kut Teh in JB?

One of our family's favorite food is Bak Kut Teh! We heard from friends that somewhere in Malaysia Kota Tinggi has the best Bak Kut Teh! So, we drove in early in the morning at about 9 am.

You can hardly missed the place as you can see a big yellow signboard showing “Kiang Kee” Bak Kut Tea (肉骨茶). Like an attap hut, it is quite easy to be located on the roadside and there is an open space beside to park your car.

What we ordered..?
 Dark Braised Pig Trotters
More of "Tao Pok", pig's stomach and intestine and braised veg
And of course, the famous Bak Kut Teh!

While waiting for the food to arrive, I inspected their kitchen...
 and... hey, this full of flavour BKT with herbal soup and yummy pork ribs is cooked in charcoal stove!

Verdict? This BKT is more of a herbal taste, darker colour soup and tasty with generous amount of pork ribs. As I always say, different people have different taste and liking. well, some people really like more herbal taste. But, for me, I find it not too bad although I like it more pepperish and clearer soup type. It is still worth going all the way there for a try as you can get a different eating experience and environment there!

2 comments:

  1. I tried this stall before. Really good food and good environment. I will definitely go there again. Yum Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there by car with friends a few times. Does any one know if it is easy to go there and return to City Square .by taxi, and give estimated cab fare. Thanks

    ReplyDelete