Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

GoodBye, My Handsome!

Today is a sad day for me and my handsome. We have been together for 6 years and today we have to part our ways. It is always the case that when you are spending less and less time with each other, you will feel that you do not need him so much anymore...

I do get sentimental especially the thing or person has been with me for a period of time and we had developed a strong feelings with each other. For my handsome, he was such a darling and always there for me when I needed him...

Okay, okay, my handsome is my Chevrolet 1.6A Optra sedan car which I sold away today. I sold off my handsome because I had quit my job and was not using him as often as before. *sob sob*

Recalling our happy moments together... I drove him almost everywhere I go and he had never had any mishap or accidents before. (Or should I say it was my good driving skill? *smile*) Well, the only major incident was about 2 years ago, his battery went totally flat and I couldn't revive him at all. He scared the shit out of me then, and I had to call the mechanic ambulance to rescue him! Luckily, after an operation, he was fit as a bull again.

From the day I decided to own a car, I already know that the car value will depreciate daily and the monthly expenses required for financing car loan, ever rising car petrol price, carparking fees, road taxes, insurances and maintenance, etc. However, because I wanted that kind of lifestyle and the convenience of a car when I was able to afford it, that's why I bought the car.
Now that the situation is different, I had to forgo that kind of luxury and to change to a car-free lifestyle. It took me awhile to make the hard decision to sell and I finally persuaded myself based on rational and wise reasons. Of course, first main reason is that I can slash away all the monthly expenses incurred for owning a car and the money saved can be used for other better purpose, thus reducing my financial burden. Moreover, the public transportation such as MRT trains, buses and taxi is so accessible. I did a quick calculation... If I were to take taxi (the more expensive means of transport) everywhere I go, my overall total transportation cost will still be cheaper compared to owning a car!

*Sigh*... now the fact the my handsome is gone forever, life still has to go on and I believe I will get used to life with him. I will still miss my handsome dearly with only fond memories to keep. Hope that he can find a good owner that will take care of him just as I do.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment